Andree has the background qualifications of Master of Environmental Management (2015) and Bachelor of Science (2012), majoring in Zoology & Ecology from Massey University. Previous roles include:
- Land Management Officer- Taranaki Regional Council
- Fieldworker- Wildlands Consultants
- Project Assistant- NZ Landcare Trust
- Ecological Researcher- Massey University
- Sustainability Development Intern- DairyNZ
Andree joined Kessels Ecology to pursue a career with positive ecological and environmental outcomes, to be a part of a company making a progressive step toward sustainable developments. With a varied environmental and ecological positions, Andree has a well-rounded understanding of the different demands on the environment, and the pressures faced when dealing with ecological matters. Her main focus is in freshwater ecology and management, but Andree also has knowledge in terrestrial ecology and enjoys working across disciplines.
- Master of Environmental Management (2015)
- Bachelor of Science (2012), majoring in Zoology & Ecology from Massey University.
- Freshwater systems: Freshwater surveying and ecological assessment; monitoring, water quality assessment, aquatic community assessment (fish species, macroinvertebrates, and aquatic macrophytes), REMS (Regional Ecological Monitoring of Streams), SEV (Stream Ecological Valuation); Ecological impact assessment; Native fish relocation/translocation.
- Terrestrial systems: Restoration management plans; vegetation surveys; pest management plans.
- Desktop analysis: GIS (ArcGIS), BIOWeb database, NZ Freshwater Fish Database (NZFFDB).
“I love the outdoors, our indigenous and unique species, and have a mission to help settle needs ecologically and economically. Development and the natural environment were once considered at odds; I aim for progression, balance, and integrity with clients and projects I work on.”